Bank risk governance: progress and challenges
How much has changed since the financial crisis of 2008 exposed weaknesses in risk management in financial services institutions? Join us for a discussion of the third annual study conducted by the Institute of International Finance (IIF) and Ernst & Young, Progress in financial services risk management.
Panelist Rick Waugh (President and Chief Executive Officer, Scotiabank, Chairman of the IIF's Committee on Governance and Industry Practices and Vice Chairman of the IIF Board) and Ernst & Young panelists Patricia Jackson (Head of financial regulatory advice for EMEIA financial services and member of the Global Banking Regulatory Leadership Network) and Ian Baggs (Global Banking & Capital Markets Deputy Leader) will discuss the impact of regulatory reform and key areas of change in risk management, including:
- The role of boards and chief risk officers (CROs)
- Changes to capital models and liquidity and capital risk management
- Challenges to the introduction of strengthened stress testing
- Progress on embedding effective risk cultures
- Defining risk appetite and embedding it in the business