Double-exposure: the revised revenue recognition proposal
This webcast is intended for companies preparing financial statements in accordance with US GAAP. If you are interested in how the revised revenue recognition proposal affects IFRS, please see the Thought Center webcast scheduled on 29 November 2011.
Due to substantial revisions to the original proposal during redeliberations, the Financial Accounting Standards Board and International Accounting Standards Board recently issued a second exposure draft of their joint revenue recognition proposal.
While many of the proposals outlined in the exposure draft are similar to today's revenue accounting, all companies will likely see some changes to their accounting, and some companies will be affected significantly.
Join us for an insightful view into the new proposal that may be helpful to those organizations intending to comment on the exposure draft.
Panelists will include:
- Kenny Bement, Project Manager at the Financial Accounting Standards Board
- Russell Hodge, Global Controller - Center of Excellence, General Electric Company
- Nancy Salisbury, Partner in Ernst & Young LLP's Professional Practice Group
The panel will discuss:
- Highlights of the revised proposal, including illustrative application of the proposed model
- Comparisons of the proposed model to current guidance, including industry specific comparisons
- Potential ramifications